Sunday, February 27, 2011

what to eat this week

I am doing my best to follow the highly recommended (by CF anyway) paleo diet, but I must warn any diehards... there is SOME dairy on my menu.... GASP! Sorry, but I love dairy even if my stomach does not, so I refuse to give it up entirely.  I have no problem reducing it and being cautious of the type of dairy I eat, but I'll never give it up completely.  The more you tell me not to, the more I'm going to want it, so just give up trying to convince me. 

With that said.... my shopping cart was filled with foods I think most paleo followers would approve of (or at least they wouldn't completely shun me) :o)

This weeks menu:

Breakfast:  Bacon and Eggs (I bought turkey bacon which I've never tried before.... I just cooked some up and YUM)!  If I am still hungry I am going to throw a piece of fruit into the meal.

Snack (Here comes the dairy... OH NO).... 1 cup of lowfat plain yogurt, 1 apple diced, and 1 tsp agave nectar all mixed together

Lunch: Avocado sliced and diced, diced tomatoes, 3 pieces of bacon crumbled (all mixed together to make a little salad) and fresh lemon to squeeze over the top as the "dressing"  Again, I will keep fruit or almonds handy in case this does not fill me up

Snack: 1 orange and a handful of almonds

Dinner: Turkey burger (minus the bun), slices of avocado and roasted red peppers on top, a side of roasted broccoli.  Please feel free to contact me for the recipe for the roasted broccoli because it is SOOOO good!!!!

How did I do?  I think the menu is fairly proportionate, but I'm just hoping I'm not still hungry.  I am ALWAYS hungry!  Especially because of CF!!

Hopefully this week goes well.  I'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jessica! I'm also doing the SINS challenge--welcome! I've been doing CF/Paleo for several months now and love it; can't wait to see where your journey takes you!

    One thing I noticed when reading your meal plan (and no, I'm not the dairy police :)) is that it doesn't look like much food! If you feel hungry you might want to up your protein a bit, especially at lunch. I would add a whole chicken breast to that to make it more satisfying.

    One thing I learned when I went 30 days strict was that I relied on almonds and fruit too much. They are totally Paleo legal and lots of my workout buddies eat them all the time; however, if you are trying to lean out it could have an adverse effect. I found that when I upped my protein and fat (which was soooo hard for me to do) at my 3 main meals, I no longer even needed a snack and my body composition started training drastically.

    Anyways, I don't mean this as a criticism, just as a fallback in case you run into some of the issues that I had; it was all sort of overwhelming to me at first!

    Meghan
    www.crossfitmommeghanphilpot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't take it as a criticism at all! I really appreciate the feedback because that is how I will learn better ways to take care of myself! What is your blog name? I'd love to check it out! I have been trying to look at all of them but there are so many posted now (which is a great thing of course) so it's hard to follow all of them.

    Thanks again for the suggestion! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My blog name is Crossfit Mom and the address is www.crossfitmommeghanphilpot.blogspot.com Like you, I'm trying to read as many as possible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I will definitely take a look! The hardest part of the whole paleo thing is that I am a picky eater and paleo already limits a ton of stuff, so I am checking out what people are posting about what they are eating. Maybe it will give me ideas. I wish I wasn't so darn picky. It would make my life a lot easier!

    ReplyDelete