Monday, March 7, 2011

burpee squat clean thrusters

I'm not going to lie.... burpee squat clean thrusters suck!  They undeniably SUCK!  I will have to think long and hard before I decide to go to CF on a day that it's posted as the WOD again!  The panic set in the minute I read the WOD on the website... then I looked it up on youtube so I would know what exactly a burpee squat clean thruster would look like.   THEN I walked in and watched the 4:30 class completing them.  I SHOULD HAVE turned around right then and there, but NOOOOOOO!  I stuck around.  When it came time to try one I was already more nervous than I think I've ever been for a CF workout.  I tried one and let's just say it was not pretty.  The weight BENT and all I could think was that I would have to do this fifty times!  Certain movements make me especially nervous because of the jarring it does to my back so that is where this panic began.  I kept thinking how much pressure I was putting on my back when I jumped out to do one burpee... how would I do FIFTY???  Luckily, Donna and Andrea convinced me I could do it and Brendan (our fantabulous trainer) showed me how to do it in a way that was not so hard on my back.  Of course my knees have mat burn because of it, but my back is grateful.  I did it... fifty bleepin burpee squat clean thrusters in 10:59!  I do not wish to try it again to beat that time!  So I hated it, but I did it!

I also killed my personal record on back squats!  I went UP 30 pounds!  Those of you who don't CF may think that's no big deal, but often a personal record goes up by 5-10 pounds (maybe even less).  It just goes to show you that I was not bullshitting you when I told you how much my back was hurting me before the procedure.  It's not 100% better by any means, but it is so much better than it was!

Also, following my meal plan that I posted yesterday kept me full, so hopefully it's the right combo to help me lose weight too.  :o)

YAAWWWNN!  That's my cue!  

No comments:

Post a Comment