Sunday, March 6, 2011

This weeks menu

Last week, by following the menu I created, I managed to lose 3.5 pounds!  Let's see if I do as well this week.  I did my best, but paleo is difficult to follow because I do not like seafood so that eliminates many options.  Plus, I am only willing to eat certain kinds of meat.  SOOOO... I am doing my best to provide a variety of food that I will WANT to eat.  Last week was great and I was not hungry once.  As a matter of fact, there were times I went to eat my next meal and was barely hungry, but I forced myself to eat so that I wouldn't get to the starving point later.

Breakfast:  fauxtmeal (found this recipe on lifeasaplate.com)

snack:  orange and almonds OR coconut milk

Lunch:  Pizza Salad (recipe from  http://www.health-bent.com/salads/pizza-salad )

snack:  turkey roll ups and kale chips (recipe on http://feedmepaleo.blogspot.com/search/label/snack )

Dinner: Chicken Apple (paleoplan.com) and veggies

I did my best to pick the right combo of food that would keep me full and be satisfying to my taste buds.  I am going to make some of the recipes today to make sure I will really enjoy eating them!

I am essentially eating the same thing M-F for a couple of reasons.  First, because I don't usually get bored eating the same thing all week, plus it's easier!  Also, because I am shopping for just one person so I don't want to go overboard buying food that might go bad if I don't eat it fast enough.  Fresh veggies, fruit and meats get expensive and it's more costly if it goes bad!  If you have a big family that you are cooking for you may want to change meals up a bit more.  I may switch out my snacks here and there, but it will be to change what fruit I eat if anything.

Oh, AND I will be adding a boost shake or other snack to eat following any of my CF workouts this week which I eat on my way home.  This helps me refuel and I am not starving when it's time for dinner which helps me to not overeat or splurge on dessert.

Feel free to send suggestions or meal/snack ideas.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment