Sunday, March 27, 2011

Life goes on... with healthy eating

With the loss of my father nearly two weeks ago, I admit that I did not concentrate much on healthy eating.  It was (and is) a painful time for me, but it has also reaffirmed my belief in taking good care of myself.  My father was sick for a long time, much because he made bad choices when it came to his health.  Towards the end I realize that he knew there was nothing that could be done, so he wanted to do the things he enjoyed the most and not worry about it (smoking cigarettes, eating things that were not good for his body, etc).  I want to live a long life so that I can be here for my friends and family and to enjoy all the world has to offer.  I did indulge more than I'd like to admit these last couple of weeks.... comfort food at its best.... but I know I can't live the life I want to live if I make those choices every day.  SO, I am back on the wagon.... back to CF, back to paleo (or mostly paleo), and time to find my way without my dad.  It will be tough, but I am grateful for all of my friends, family and co-workers that have really stepped in to show their support.  I am truly blessed.

This weeks menu:

breakfast:  breakfast bowl from  http://www.masteringtheartofpaleocooking.com
      *There is also a recipe for the turkey sausage used in this recipe on this same blog

snack: 1 cup yogurt

lunch:  meatballs, cooked baby carrots, small salad (baby spinach, cucumbers, peppers), possibly some fruit... depends on how full I am...

snack:  1 piece of fruit and almonds

dinner:  I'm make the stuffed peppers from my last blog because I only ate one and then got the bad news.  Those peppers were delicious, but went untouched the rest of the week.

I'm hungry just reading this menu!  I better eat before I go to the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment